Lake Tahoe is hidden jewel surrounded by snow capped mountain peaks. A perfect destination to rejuvenate your soul and indulge into adventure.
Mermaid’s coins or Sand dollars are in fact sea urchins.
Spiritually, Jelly fish symbolizes acceptance, faith, purity and wisdom. Many say, that they enshrine the cosmic melodies in physical form and signify hope.
Exchanging business cards is considered a part of business etiquette worldwide. It establishes legitimacy of your company and serves as a testimonial for current address and contact. Business cards have long been used as a tool for networking however, they are often neglected. A good business card is in many ways similar to a mini resume circulated for self-promotion. It has been noted that Business cards can create similar impact on mind in 5 seconds as a 15 second television commercial would do. This tool is simple yet an effective way to help your business in cutting though the clutter and aid in high recall. A memorable 2″ x 3.5″ business card is able to send a strong clear message about your company, enhance company image and arouses the interest of people who see it.
Always keep in mind- Business cards are not advertisements, they are branding tools for your business to create distinct identity in the mind of your customers.
CEO, Mark Zuckerberg today announced that Facebook will be introducing a ” dislike button’ or something like that.
I have to admit I LOVED the idea and always wished I had this option.There so many things people post on the wall and all I want to do is drink my cup of coffee and go though all the posts- ‘dislike, dislike, f&$k you!, dislike, not you, dislike, assh****, dislike”
It is insane how may crazies I have befriended over the course of time and I keep thinking dislike button would be great for some housecleaning.
I am so thrilled with this news that I was secretly wishing that FB team introduces a middle finger instead of thumbs down. Who needs a thumbs down when you do wonders with a finger (I meant pick your nose. Gross!! )
Imagine yourself on the beach with margarita in you hand and you want to share this beautiful moment with rest of the world and your friend stuck in office does not have to type in works” F&$K YOU!” to describe how much he misses you but press a button to express his love for you! Awesome!! I love the simplicity.
On the other hand,
It is crazy that in your fingertips would lie the power to destroy a real person who wants to share with the world his moments of happiness, achievements, pain, or opinions with one single click. You post portions of your life or projection of life you want people to believe you have on social media to receive some kind of positive acknowledgment, a sense of community that extends beyond geographical borders. Was not leaving negative comments on the posts enough that we have this need to publicly humiliate someone? Imagine what would be the power of 99 dislike vs 1 like.
Simplicity of expressing what you like and do not like with change the dynamics of Facebook weather it is interpersonal or companies using social media. time will tell how we use it or abuse.
this reminds of a quote by a great man
” With great power comes great responsibility”
Most of us would agree that Facebook is a very entertaining space.
It is a great networking tool. You can find long lost friends and make new ones. You follow people or pages you like. Leave your status update on the wall hoping that someone would like your status and leave comments on it. It makes us feel important and popular.
I have been able to identify so many kinds of FB users ranging from narcissist to eternal pessimists and few self proclaimed ‘know it all types’ only because I follow their timeline.
Today, I was able to identify a new breed – ‘ FB peafowl’
If you have no idea what it means…….. I am talking about a male peacock!
Facebook-Peafowl is species who use who Facebook as hunting ground to search for a mate. They display a full range of masculinity and other traits in pathetic effort to appear appealing to opposite sex.
Let us divide them into two categories-
Simple innocent hellos
Let’s get straight to point types
Flatter to score types
I have a job so you ‘should’ add me
I have a list explaining ‘Why you should add me”
Please pass on my message to friend of your friend.
I wonder if this ever worked for these guys…..
What possibly in the name of God, prompted you to jump on whale carcass in middle of shark feeding frenzy and pose with it!!??
What did your friends say,”You got no proof that you did it man, you gotcha get yourself a selfie!! YOLO” and pushed you off the boat.
This shit just got real in Australia
You can see the sharks merrily frolicking in the water, enjoying a wholesome meal!! WHAT ON EARTH POSSESSED YOU TO JUMP IN A SHARK INFESTED WATERS AND SURF ON A DEAD WHALE ? I am sorry but I really can not understand the logic. Would you like if someone jumped on your steak, posed for a selfie, say ” I was here” and took -off!! I would bite their head-off.
Thank God that a terrible accident was averted.
I can not stop thinking how traumatic it must be for the Sharks. A scrawny human crashing their party, taking pictures of them eating (no one ever looks good in pictures eating). They are probably scarred for life.
Later that day Shark weekly reported that Marty the shark was so shell shocked by the human’s aberrant and puzzling behavior that it has inspired him to write a sequel to famous American movie – Jaws. Meanwhile the Humans are re-running shark week all this week on major television networks.
Source- Marshable http://mashable.com/2014/11/02/aussie-surfed-whale-carcass/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link
Dear Educated Indian who does not understand “why INDIANS celebrated Halloween” ,
I generally do not react to morons on Facebook, but on this particular instance I want to congratulate you on evoking a feeling in my heart to hi-five your stupid face and also break my one long year hiatus of writers block.
Seriously, you thought it was cool to post on your wall for the world to see that India does not need more festivals to celebrate??
Do you realize dear sir, that the country we call call our motherland is the largest working secular democracy in the world. Let me expand that for you – According to the Constitution of India- we respect pluralism. We as a nation respect each other and co-exist in harmony. That’s what we are known for- multi-cultural heritage. We accept people from different backgrounds, religions, caste, color and creed. Name any other country which can boast about coexistence of people practicing different religions and beliefs for centuries? We accept people no matter what!! This is what being an Indian is about. You participate and celebrate other beliefs without being judgmental about them, we do not condone them.
I work in USA and that does not make me any less of an Indian than you are. Lot of you forget that every action we take here reflect upon the country we hail from, we create the stereotypes. I represent my country in this foreign land and I do uphold the values I have grown-up with.
President of America went on air to wish all the Indians a “Happy Diwali” , my “non-indian” colleagues adorned Indian Attire and celebrated Diwali with us “Desi people” and we Indians are being judged if dressed up for Halloween.
Who gave you this right to look down upon us?? It is a festival, everyone should participate. If you do not want to be a part of it , shut-the-fuck up. No one asked for your stupid opinions. People like you make Indians all over the world look incredibly stupid. Please next time you have a thought like this and you want to share with the world, cut that into half and do not speak. You are an embarrassment!
Halloween is a celebration, people are using to play dress up so what is the big deal? Indians use Diwali as an excuse to gamble and drink? Why do you not speak against that?
WTF!! was the first thing which slipped out of mouth after watching the advert. I don’t even want to know what LG was thinking…… they should seriously fire the complete marketing department. I saw this advert last night and I could not GO TO SLEEP. The image of a hand with a mouth and a beard kept flashing before my eyes….ewww…its disgusting! The advert should come with a PG-13 warning.
And next thing I am thinking is ‘How do you charge the damn thing?’ Ahh..snap, are you serious!! This is a bad commercial! It is disturbing, like a bad sci-fi plot which is almost comical.
Only reason why LG will want to create such a advertisement is to distinguish itself from other phones. Well they succeeded. I am scared to put that thing next to my ear. I might just end up with a missing ear. The most human phone is most grotesque human. The most human phone should celebrate the human body, it’s strength,beauty and agility.
But I do want to congratulate LG team for one thing… they did leave an impression.
Note to myself- Why is he speaking into the mouth ?? EWWWW.
Ever thought of making money sitting at home?
Who does not dream of make few extra bucks sitting at home? Expenses are rising and economy is well quite literary shaken up. Everyone wants to save some extra cash for a rainy day, or to pay bills or even get that Xbox for Christmas. Whatever is the reason we all need some extra money to fatten our wallet and to keep up with rising cost of living. Internet provides numerous solutions to people who want to use their skills and talent to earn money sitting in comfort of their home. Here is some information which can help you supplement your earnings.
1. Blogging: Blogging is the easiest way to make few bucks. It takes 5 minutes to make an account and you can begin writing immediately on topics you are passionate about. All you need to have is good communication skills, reasonable grammar and fresh ideas. There are several people who claim to make more money by blogging as compared to day job. World press and Blogger have been popular sites for bloggers for several years now. You can easily make money on sites like Blogger by placing Google Ad sense on them. You can also use infolink.com and kontera.com to place advertisements on your blogs and earn passive income. Squidoo, HubPages, Xomba, Seekyt, She Told Me are few of the best revenue sharing article site. You can also check out examiner.com, firehow.com, helium.com
2. Freelancer: If you love working independently and have the commitment to stick to schedule; you can get started as a freelancer with minimum experience. If you have an expertise you can offer to perspective employers and love to be your won boss, use your skills to earn money. Few sites where you can find a job are- elance, odesk, 99designs, Fivver, freelancer.com, 3desk.com
3. Sell your photos online: You can use your hobby to earn passive income. 500px, Flickr , Shutterstock, Fotollia, Shutterpoint, 123RF, Can stock Photo, Depost Photos are few sites which allow you to upload images and start selling your pictures immediately. You can earn royalties from 15% up to 85%. Shutterfly is another good site which allows you to host your own gallery but annual membership charges are quite substantial.
4. Sell your old stuff: Everyone has some old stuff lying around in the garage taking space. So go on ebay and sell stuff you don’t need anymore. Craigslist is another very hot option besides olx and qurik. So clean your clutter for cash.
5. Sell handmade goods: Sites like etsy.com and artfire.com are dedicated to bring together people who love to create art and people who would love to own the exclusive handicrafts. Other sites which I stumbled upon were- Handmade Catalogue, Craft Mall, Spsell. If you now more sites where people can sell handicraft, add one
6. Get paid to review music: I loved this category!! It’s so simple all you have to do is listen to music, rate songs and guess which can be the next chartbuster. If you are able to identify the next big thing you get a bonus. If you think you have ears for music check out slicethepie.com
7. Get paid to play: Another favorite! Check out moola.com if you want play online games and make money. The winner of the game can win up to $10,000,000. That’s a lot of money for gaming!! . Unfortunately it is open only to US and Canadian citizens.
8. Design and sell t-shirts: I love this idea….it is so easy, requires no investment and it helps you showcase your talent. Two sites which I would encourage amateur designers to try are cafepress.com and spreadshirt.com
9. Write product review: I find this quite easy to start. NY Times owned site consumersearch.com can pay around $350 per review if you are really good. If you your domain knowledge is in softwares, showcase your knowledge on site called softwarejudge.com which pays up to 50 dollars per good review. epinions is another highly recommended site. Other sites which can interest you are justanswer.com and aiip.org.
10. Get paid for your opinion (Online survey): This is boring and little time consuming but, you can make money while watching television. My top picks are- mysurvey.com, surveyhead.com, valuedopinion.com, globaltestmarket.com and the rate these sites offer may vary from $2 to $5 per survey. So you might make $10- $40 per month doing couple of surveys per week
11. Virtual office assistant: This is quite a popular tend making waves. You can offer administrative or technical help to owners of small scale businesses from home by becoming a VA. It generally requires VA to complete mundane office work like record keeping and administrative work.
12. Make and sell apps: This is a very lucrative option. I have more than dozen apps on my cellphone and I am sure you do too. So why not try designing you own app and pitch your idea to smartphone companies. You can get several tutorials online. Just find an idea that will sell.
13. Publish you book on kindle: This is really cool feature by Amazon which enables anyone to publish a story on kindle and earn royalties between 35% -75%. 14. E-tutoring: This is another great way to earn little income on the side. There are a lot of students which require little help with grades to win in competition. There are sites like 2tion.net, tutor.com, tutorvista.com which allow you to create your profile as a tutor for free. All you need to do is dedicate few hours every day to help a student.
15. Online jury duty: I found this a little amusing though I am not really sure how many people have found this helpful. There are e-jury sites which help lawyers to test their trial arguments in front of an e-jury. They claim to pay $20- $50 to every e-jury member. The sites which came across during my search where- onlineverdict.com and trialpractice.com. I am unsure about the authenticity of these sites.
16. Online focus groups: This is another very cool way to earn money. All you nee to do is register with online focus group like 2020reseach.com and get paid for participating in a group survey. You can get paid anywhere between $50-$150 per Focus group discussion. But there is a catch, you might not get called for any group discussion because focus group moderators are mostly interested in a particular consumer profile for there survey.
17. Make money reading mails: I am not a major fan of this. You end up getting too much spam in your inbox but, if you are okay with it check checkoutinboxdollar.com to get started.
18. Search internet: swagbuck.com offers swag buck points every time you use their search engine. And then you can use these swag buck points to shop online!! Isn’t it great?
19. Online customer service: this is another great way to earn some money sitting at home. You need to put in some 20-40 hours on weekly basis answering call or chat with customers as representatives of a company. Many companies or website administrators outsource customer care to a second party which in turn hires people from sites like live ops.com, talk2reps.com, alpine access.com, working solution.com. Compensation may depend from site to site but you can earn anywhere between $9 -$15 per hour.
20. SEO reviewing : To be honest I am little fuzzy about the skills required here but, people tell me anyone can do it so I believe them. As an SEO reviewer you can work for company called Leapforce and help them in search engine optimization by identifying most popular keywords used for searches keeping user intent in mind. Beware – get a good antivirus and malware before you embark on the journey.
21. Picking domain names: This one sounds fun!! So all you have to do is suggest some domain names and get $25 for every name picked. Awesome!!
A little note for you to remember- Making money online is a very time consuming and slow process.Don’t expect results overnight. This is just a small means to supplement your day job income. With perseverance and dedication you will be able to make this mainstream.
All the best to you!!
I simply love the Samsung Galaxy SIII TV advertising this season. They have not only managed to tickle the funny bone but also give viewers a bolt of shock. Whether it was Santa falling down staircase while making his grand entrance in front of an excited audience or Mrs Clause making an insinuation about a naughty home made video, I love them both. Both the videos have freshness in them and make you say “Oh jeez!!”
Taking a high road
Samsung has completely changed its approach in marketing Galaxy SIII for the holidays. Earlier commercials were iPhone-centric with focus on ‘Why Samsung S3 is cooler than iPhone?’ or ‘Why S3 is a smarter choice than iPhone?’ Samsung has outgrown its competitive advertising strategy and has now completely focused making Santa miserable this holiday season.
Samsung Galaxy SIII advert built on offensive strategy against iPhone
Why is this new strategy going to work?
Videos comparing features of iPhone and S3 have the highest viewership on YouTube so why should Samsung spend resources on creating an advertisement which will provide viewers redundant information which can be found on numerous sites, videos, magazines and in reviews by tech pundits. Almost everyone now has a well researched opinion about both the gadgets and most of us are getting bored of the wars waging between the two giants. Samsung’s holiday advertising brings in respite to this endless comparison game. Samsung has taken a high ground and put an end to bantering Apple. I guess that’s what the holiday spirit is all about!
Why are Samsung’s new holiday commercials worth the fuss?
Most memorable quality in the commercials
Santa’s fail is an excellent satire on men dressed up as Santa for Christmas, people getting drunk, all things that can go wrong even on most well planned evenings, people who love to laugh at others and most importantly people who share their whole life on social media.
Santa’s work trip is simply awesome. It hints about a home made naughty video by Mrs. Clause for Santa’s work trip not to be seen on the sledge. It raises your eyebrows but warms your heart thinking about the “lovely old still in love naughty couple”.
Verdict- Awesome!! Loved the fresh ideas…Samsung has definitely earned a spot on Santa’s “naughty” list this season.